Interested in working for a dynamic organization that offers a competitive rewards program and career growth opportunities in a diverse, challenging and exciting environment?
Our recruitment process reflects our mission to uphold the integrity and accessibility of the electoral process and to manage elections in an efficient, fair, and impartial manner.
Together we lead change by building modern services that put the needs of electors first.
We are committed to fostering a positive, safe and supportive work environment that is inclusive, healthy, accessible, and is free from discrimination, harassment and workplace violence.
Find all our employment opportunities below. Thank you for your interest in working with Elections Ontario!
Work for us During the By-Elections in Ottawa—Vanier and Orléans
We are recruiting poll officials at voting locations for the by-election in Ottawa—Vanier and Orléans on February 27. All positions are paid and training is provided.
Poll officials working at the technology based polls will be using electronic poll books and vote tabulators. Applicants will need to have knowledge of the election process and be comfortable using technology.
Poll officials working at the non-technology based polls will be using paper based products and applicants will need to have knowledge of the election process.
To work as a poll official, you must be:
- 18 years of age (16 years old for the position of Information Assistant);
- a Canadian citizen (you do not need to be a Canadian citizen for the position of Information Assistant); and
- a resident of Ontario.
We are seeking candidates who:
- are personable;
- have problem solving skills;
- are able to act as a leader;
- are able to communicate in English and French for electoral districts designated as bilingual;
- are able to work long shifts (14+ hours on election day); and
- hold a valid driver license and vehicle if needed.
Previous election experience is considered an asset. Please note that positions (both tech and non-tech) and voting locations arc assigned by the Returning Officer and that travel may be required for training.