Contributions are money, goods or services given to a political party, candidate or constituency association. The contribution must be given to support the election of a candidate to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
You are eligible to make a contribution if:
- you are a resident of Ontario
Anonymous contributions are not allowed.
For more detailed information, refer to the CFO Handbook for Political Parties, the CFO Handbook for Constituency Associations or the CFO Handbook for Candidates or contact us.
Please refer to the following payment guidelines when making your contribution:Please refer to the following payment guidelines when making your contribution:
Please review the following tax receipt guidelines for your contribution.
1. After you make a contribution, a political entity must give you a tax receipt.
2. Tax receipts issued for goods and services:
- These count towards your contribution limit.
- These are not provided if you volunteer. However, if as a volunteer you provide out-of-pocket expenses such as food, gas and other materials, you can be reimbursed for those expenses with tax receipts.