Last Updated: September 2023
You also understand and agree that certain applications made available by us are governed by additional terms and conditions such as, the Elections Ontario Application which can be found here.
The words “Elections Ontario”, “we”, “us” or “our”, mean His Majesty the King in right of Ontario, as represented by the Chief Electoral Officer of Ontario.
This site and the services and applications made available through this site are for personal use only. By accessing or using our site, you must not:
- use this site in violation of any law, rule or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt this site or any of our computer systems, servers, networks, databases, software, hardware or equipment used by or for this site, including but not limited to placing an unreasonable load on the site or services (i.e., overloading, initiating, propagating, participating, directing or attempting any “denial of service” attacks, “spamming”, “crashing”, “flooding” or “mail-bombing” our site);
- interfere with the use or enjoyment of this site by others;
- introduce computer or web application code, including any viruses or malware which is disruptive or harmful;
- use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the site or services or otherwise copy data from the site or services; or
- attempt to override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the site or services or gain unauthorized access to our computer systems, servers, networks, databases, software, hardware or equipment, including : user-restricted areas of this site; logins and passwords of others; or personal information and personal accounts of others.
All content and materials on this site, including without limitation text, data, information, images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips, graphics, software, code, displays, the site’s “look and feel” and communications are protected by Canadian copyright, trademark, competition and other laws of Canada and other nations and is owned and controlled either by Elections Ontario, or by third parties that have licensed their material to Elections Ontario. Content and materials from this site or services may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, sold, used to create derivative works, reverse-engineered, decompiled, disassembled, adapted, translated or distributed in any way, except for personal use, without the prior written consent of Elections Ontario. Modification of content and materials or use of content or materials for any purpose other than your own personal, non-commercial use is a violation of copyright and other intellectual property rights of ours and other third parties and is strictly prohibited. The use of any such content or materials on any other site or networked computer is prohibited.
The trademarks, logos and service marks on this site are registered and unregistered marks of Elections Ontario, or third parties that have licensed the use of such marks to Elections Ontario. Nothing on the site grants any licence or right to use any marks displayed on the site without the written permission of the owner of the mark. Misuse of the marks displayed on the site or any other content on the site is strictly prohibited.
Some assets are available for media use and may be used on a limited basis. Please credit Elections Ontario.
(1) Some links may redirect you to external sites. The linked sites are not under the control of Elections Ontario and Elections Ontario is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Elections Ontario is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Elections Ontario of the linked site.
(2) The linked sites do not operate under Elections Ontario’s information privacy practices. When you click through to these sites, Elections Ontario’s information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third-party sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
Unless we tell you otherwise, other sites and social media platforms that link to any Elections Ontario site are not associated with us or endorsed by us.
We use social media to share information about the electoral process and to engage with voters and other stakeholders. We update and monitor our social media accounts during office hours Monday to Friday. In some cases, we may respond to inquiries outside of these hours. We aim to respond to questions and messages in a reasonable timeframe.
Our accounts are:
Our social media content aims to keep Ontarians informed about the electoral process in Ontario. This includes posts about voter registration, employment opportunities, voting opportunities and information about the events we administer. We follow accounts on social media channels that are relevant to our business. We may re-tweet and share content from other accounts that we think our followers might find interesting. Follows, re-tweets or post sharing do not imply endorsements of any kind.
As a non-partisan office of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, we do not respond to questions or posts that are outside of our mandate, or that take a stance on political issues or matters of public policy and/or other matters. We moderate our social media accounts to remove comments that are inappropriate, abusive, or partisan, in order for our account to act as a non-partisan source of information about the electoral process in Ontario.
The information, content, services and materials on our site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representations, warranties, guarantees or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, unless otherwise specifically noted herein. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Elections Ontario (on its own behalf and on behalf of its officers, employees, independent contractors, service providers and suppliers) disclaims all representations, warranties, or conditions, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, merchantable quality, and fitness for a particular purpose, arising out of operation of law, course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade or otherwise, title, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement with respect to our site or any information, content, materials or services available through our site and any site with which it is linked.
While we endeavour to update information as soon as possible, we make no representations, warranties, guarantees or conditions regarding the availability, appropriateness, completeness, accuracy, or currency of our site, services, materials or content. We do not warrant that the operations of our site or its contents will be uninterrupted, virus or error-free. Our site, services, content and materials may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We may make changes or improvements to the site, services, content and materials at any time.
(1) In no event shall Elections Ontario’s officers, employees, independent contractors, workers, agents, service providers or suppliers be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, including without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary or other damages (without limitation to any loss of profit, costs, expenses, harm to business, business interruption, reputation, loss of information or programs or data, loss of savings, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of tangible or intangible property, legal fees or legal costs, or damages of any kind whatsoever), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, fundamental breach, failure of essential purpose or otherwise or any other legal basis, arising out of or in connection with the Elections Ontario site, services, materials, information or content, any linked site or linked social media platform (including without limitation any damages suffered as a result of the use, inability to use, failure of, or any omissions or inaccuracies in this site, any linked sites or linked social media platforms, or any of the information, services or content available through the foregoing), even if Elections Ontario has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damage or loss, or if such damage or loss was foreseeable.
All inquiries or formal complaints must be submitted in writing to Elections Ontario by email or mail to the contact information below. We will acknowledge inquiries or formal complaints in writing in accordance with our service level agreement.
26 Prince Andrew Place
For questions or comments about Elections Ontario’s use of social media, please reach out to us through one of our accounts.