To vote you will need to show your identification.
If your name IS on the Voters List:
- You must show one piece of identification that has your name on it. Your name as shown on the piece of identification must match your name on the Voters List.
- If you do not have ID, you can complete the Statutory Declaration confirming your identity.
If your name is NOT on the Voters List:
- You must show one piece of identification that has your name and current residential address.
You can use an original identification document, a photocopy of an identification document, or an electronic copy displayed on a mobile device. This includes utility bills received electronically.
Examples of acceptable identification
- Ontario’s driver’s licence
- Ontario photo card
- Ontario health card
- Ontario motor vehicle permit
- Statement of government benefits (child tax benefit, old age security, etc)
- Any document issued by the Government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government
- Any document issued by a Band Council in Ontario (established under the Indian Act)
Examples of other acceptable documents:
- Utility bill (gas, hydro, etc.)
- Cellular phone bills
- Bank/credit card statement
- School admissions letter
- School transcript/report card
- School tuition/fees statement
- Cancelled personalized cheque
- Certification of Identity and Residence form signed by authorized administrator
- Cheque stub, T4 tax slip or pay receipt issued by an employer
- CNIB identity card
- Hospital record/document
- Insurance policy/statement
- Loan/agreement with a financial institution
- Residential lease, rental or mortgage agreement/statement