All registered political parties, constituency associations, candidates and leadership contestants must file audited financial statements with Elections Ontario.
You can find financial filings at the following locations:
Financial Statements and Filing Status :
- Filing Status and Financial Statements from 2014 to present available here
- Financial Statements and Contributions from 2007 to 2013 available here
- Third Party information available here
Contributions and Real Time Disclosure:
• You can examine registrations and financial statements by visiting our head office. The documents are all hard copy. There is no electronic search. You can examine financial and registration information for political parties, constituency associations, candidates and leadership contestants.
• Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
You can contact us to order photocopies of financial statements. Copies are available for $1.00 per page. Payment in advance by cheque or money order is required for this service.
If you are a chief financial officer (CFO) for an Ontario provincial political entity (a party, candidate, constituency association, leadership contestant or third party), you need to know the financial filing requirements for that entity under the Election Finances Act. The following links will take you to the guidelines and CFO handbooks you need:
- Political parties
- Constituency associations
- Third parties
- Leadership contestants