Skip to main content

Eligibility for local elections

Local elections, which include elections for municipal council members, district social services administration board (DSSAB) members and school board trustees, are not administered by Elections Ontario. They continue to be the responsibility of municipal clerks, DSSABs and some school boards.

Search the Register to confirm, update or add your information to the Register, including adding or removing a property. You will need to provide one piece of ID and/or other documentation.

Alternatively, you can complete a paper application form.

If you or your spouse own or rent property other than your home address in Ontario, you may be eligible to vote in more than one local election.  

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation is legislatively required to collect school support information. You can update your school support designation through MPAC.