Open Use Data Product Licence Agreement
1. In this licence, the terms below have the following meanings:
"Information" means “Electoral District Boundaries” files that are offered for use under the terms of this licence.
"Elections Ontario" means Her Majesty the Queen in right of Ontario, as represented by the Chief Electoral Officer.
"You" means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
Using Information under this licence
2. Any use whatsoever of the Information indicates your acceptance of the terms below.
3. Elections Ontario grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use the Information, including for commercial purposes, subject to the terms below.
You are free to
4. Copy, modify, publish, translate, adapt, distribute or otherwise use the Information in any medium, mode or format for any lawful purpose.
5. This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that Elections Ontario endorses you or your use of the Information.
6. The Information is licensed "as is", and Elections Ontario excludes all representations, warranties, obligations, and liabilities, whether expressed or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
7. Elections Ontario is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information, and will not under any circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other loss, injury or damage caused by its use or otherwise arising in connection with this licence or the Information, even if specifically advised of the possibility of such loss, injury or damage.
8. This licence is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the applicable laws of Canada.
9. Legal proceedings related to this licence may only be brought in the courts of Ontario.
10. Elections Ontario may make changes to the terms of this licence from time to time and issue a new version of the licence. Your use of the Information will be governed by the terms of the licence in force as of the date you accessed the information.
Last Updated: March 29, 2021
Published: April 5, 2018